What are Small Groups at Harvest? Small Groups are weekly gatherings of 12-14 people who share the desire to grow in their commitment to Jesus Christ through caring and accountable relationships, focusing on the application of God's Word to their lives.
- Small Groups are the biblical model for transformation. (Acts 2:42-46)
- Small groups are the best way to Shephard the whole flock. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Small Groups create an environment to use our spiritual gifts. (Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
- Small Groups multiply competent ministers. (2Timothy 2:2)
- Small Groups foster Biblical love.(1 Corinthians 13:3-5)
- Small groups promote unity, fellowship and maturity. (1 John 1:3,6, proverbs 27:17)
Who can be in a Small Group?
Anyone who is a member of HBC or committed to becoming a member of HBC.
What do Small Group Members commit to?
They commit to making the meetings a priority, being on time and participating.
When and where do Small Groups Meet?
Groups meet weekly, in host couples’ homes. We have Small groups meeting from Sunday morning through Friday evenings in several locations across the East Pittsburgh area.
How do I join a Small Group?
If you are interested in joining one of our Small Groups click here and fill out the form. After we receive your request, you will be contacted regarding your Small Group placement.
Small Group Structure
Reconnect (5-10 min)
Opening Time | Reconnecting with each other.
In the Word (30-40 min)
Study Time | Discussion and personal application focused on God’s Word.
Breakout (30-40 min)
Mutual Ministry Time | Sharing, prayer and accountability with the same gender.
Recharge (15-20 min)
Interaction | Building relationships through fellowship, food and lively conversation.